Well, who from us doesn’t love ketchup? This tomato, a little sweet sauce which captivated the whole world. Children adore it, and many adults not against themselves to indulge with such yum-yum.
But all of us heard these stories about vitamins «E» and about producers who put any muck in the sauces. After such it is terrible to buy anything. So why not to make ketchup?Taste very saturated and tomato turns out really tasty. If you love ketchup, I promise, you will like also this recipe. Try!
Easy Homemade Ketchup Recipe
Ingredients for ketchup
- 2 kg of ripe tomatoes
- 150 grams of sugar
- 1 pod of bitter pepper
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 10 pieces of clove
- 10 peas of black pepper
- 4-5 garlic gloves
- 1 tablespoon of wine vinegar
- 1 onion
Preparation of tomato ketchup
- Wash and peel tomatoes of fruit stems then to crush in the blender and to wipe through a sieve, having got rid thereby of large parts.
- Pour out tomato weight in a heavy bottomed pan, add all other ingredients except onions and garlic. Cook 2,5-3 hours.Though in the recipe 150 grams of sugar are specified, it can be even much. Experiment to find a favourite proportion. It seems to me that 100-120 grams can quite be enough. But keep in mind that with reduction of amount of sugar, salt starts being felt more strongly. Its quantity too can be reduced a little bit if you add less sugar.
- Add the whole bulb and garlic in a peel. Cook 2,5-3 more hours.In the original recipe it is written that the general preparation time 3 hours. But as we judged when for the first time did this recipe, three hours will be a little. There was a wish for really dense ketchup. Therefore we still boiled, and it was required to time twice more to reach the necessary consistence.
- Get onions, garlic and bitter pepper. Pour in the sterilized jars. Store in the refrigerator.Ketchup is very much boiled down. And then it is quickly eaten.