Weight Watcher Smart Points: 9
Preparation Time: 0 Minutes
Cooking Time: 0 Minutes
Ready In: 45 Minutes
- 2 quarts fresh apple cider
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 quarts pear juice (no sugar added), I found a 100% juice option in the organic section of the grocery store. I would not substitute pear nectar here…it will end up being too sweet.
- 1 star anise
- 1 vanilla bean pod
- Add juices and spices to a large soup pot or crockpot
- Slice vanilla bean pod in half lengthwise and toss in pot
- On low heat bring the cider up to a simmer, whisking often
- The spices and vanilla will infuse into the cider
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes
- Ladle into a big mug and add a shot of rum or bourbon if you'd like.